Author Topic: Adding bots to server?  (Read 319 times)

Offline Doomer

• View Profile
Adding bots to server?
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »
So many ppl now complain cuz they cant use bots and they leave... Maybe we should change server strategy to get more ppl. All servers try hard to block bots etc. but why dont we do it other way? Advertise server as bot firendly and allow everyone to use bots, maybe we will get more ppl to play here (since many left cuz they cant use bots). I got some ideas and u are all free to comment them :)
Option 1: Advertise l2united as farmbot friendly server! Add bot to l2united.com to download it for everyone and make special BotFarm area, where everyone could put bots to farm. Make there gold/vesper drops on mobs so everyone can have a good farm, but make vorpal/elegia drops only on rb's. This way we encourage bots use to farm and get good items, but for top pvp items everyone will have to do rb's. Limit max clients connected to 2, cuz 5 bots from 1 ip would be just insane.

Option 2: If you dont want to give free bots to server site, make a pet with settings that could farm like bot. Something like, buying a special pet in store, which can autofarm in BoTFarm area. Drops should have the same strategy as mentioned above. Also limit max clients connected to 2.

Option 3: Make s special farmbot pet! Also create special petbot farm area, where everyone could use pets to farm. Make mobs with infinite hp and instead of drops, give special rewards for smth like 10k dmg, 15k dmg, 20k dmg done by pet and so on :) I think this wouldnt be hard. No need to hardcode/rewrite pets functions, since you can order it to autoattack target and leave it like that all day :) same stuff as bot programs do... Only this way there is not bot program included, only easy autoattack with pet on a single target mob with infinite hp, giving rewards for certain dmg caused by pet.

To conclude: In all 3 options it would be required to make special botfarm area, where pvp is not allowed (to prevent killing bots), and limit max clients connected to only 2. Cant imagine everyone having 5 bots.

Everyone is saying smartguard killed server so now, here u have chance to use bots in a good way

Have a nice day :)

Offline Krzysiu

• View Profile
Re: Adding bots to server?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »
Played on every Thor/EeK server almost and this one is worst in my opinion, because smartguard killed server (everyone botted , me too) and it was alive for 2-3weeks. Now it's like 20online included afk in giran. Previous united which started last summer was alive 2-3months.

Now new people won't play here because of smartguard and people with eq +max +epics. They won't chase the top players w/o bot which have good eq and clan which control epics and all wards.

Anyway good luck and have fun to NarcoS, they will beat epics and everything w/o pvp for free XD  ;D

To be honest Thor open this server to make some money from donate (+9 vorpal /elegia since opening), then anti-bot to make people donate.

ps
worst idea ever, just allow bot
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:27:35 PM by Krzysiu »

Offline pepona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »
I told when this nerd gm want to add the smartguard the server go die like fast , cuz ppl play united cuz they can use bot , no bot = no party ^^ , i told you eek never listen 2 cryers and you listen this 2 randoms and you kill your server like noob , next time listen the rest of ppl , who know to play this game haven no  fear from bots.

Offline NarcoS

• NarcoS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
My opinion is to allow bots but GMS must check them all time! Allow only dual boxes and If GM find bots on pvp or farm with a good video to prove it must jail them for 1 week

Offline pepona

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »
gm works : check bug , recieve petitions from this bugs , make events .
Admin/ dev works : just check bugs and fix .
But the problem from staff from today is they stay so much in game and listen so much the randoms and this time this staff pay high price, server dead for listen 2 randoms , .report is well give to other player the option to put another player in jail with this comand i think is well no need smartguard and no need to stay make the moron all day in the server like this thor , other of the biggest problem is give the ppl the option to get that donation coins, with ppl the only thing they do is farm like donkey and 0 pvp , in last united the ppl fight 0 epic cuz they can get all sh1ts for dc coins .